Thursday, January 11, 2007

Think Through Gligamesh

1. My reaction to Gligamesh's immorality is the question how could he become this way if he is already 2/3 god and 1/3 human.

  • He wants to find Utnapishtim so he can find out the secreat of eternal life.
  • Utnapishtim tells Gligamesh the story of the gods.
  • The gods bless him and his wife and send them to live in the distance at the mouth of the river.

3. I don't think he can except the fact that humans die because he was part human and he was afraid of death.

4. I think that he is proud to show the city of Uruk because that is the city in which he is the king.

5. I think the event that had the strongest effect on Gilgamesh is that he watched his friend as he was sick and watched him die.

6. I think that he will be a totally different person. I think that he will become a better person and be more understanding. I also think that he will become non self absorbed and no longer be selfish.

7. When people die we now think that they have entered a better place and can finally live in peace. Services and respects ers paid to the person who has died.

1 comment:

World Literature said...

Very thoughtful comments Elizabeth.

C. Postell